Clinical Chaplain/Spiritual Counselor (On-Call Casual)
City, State: John Day, Oregon
Let the adventure begin in Eastern Oregon surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges, rural community and lots of outdoor activities.
BLUE MOUNTAIN HOSPITAL DISTRICT is accepting applications for Casual/On-Call Clinical Chaplain/Spiritual Counselor (0.0 FTE, Rotating/Variable). Competitive wages package.
In this position you will provide spiritual and emotional support and guidance to patients, their families, guests, volunteers, caregivers and physicians.
Responds to the mental, spiritual, social and emotional needs of hospital district patients and their families, including Home Health, Hospice, Care Center and Hospital as part of patient-centered care.
Helps the well family members to carry their share of the responsibilities given to convalescent, chronically ill or disabled persons in their homes.
Ability to work with people of various religious faiths and cultures.
Responsible for assisting with development of bereavement programs and overseeing current programs, including social activities and workshops.
Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities
Establish & maintain solid work relationships through communication, cooperation and positive interaction with all employees, staff, patients and physicians.
REPORTS TO: Director of Home Health & Hospice
PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS (Regulatory Requirements):
• Master's Degree in ministry, counseling, social work preferred.
• Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) training preferred.
•Training in Crisis Management and Bereavement/Grief Interventions.
• Certification required (i.e., APC, NACC, AAPC, NAJC, HCMA or NAVAC)
• Two (2) years or equivalent full time experience in bereavement counseling within the last three (3) years.
• Valid state driver's license and reliable automobile, current automobile insurance and be willing to operate personal car necessitated by nature of job.
• Current health certificate/physical examination and TB testing.
• Current BLS Certification or able to obtain within 90 days of employment.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Additional languages preferred.
This job description reflects managements assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Position Type : On Call
Recruitment Support - General Inquiries Only
170 Ford Street
John Day, OR 97845
Phone: 541-575-1311 #2964
Chaplain, Spiritual Counselor, Hospice, Home Health, Clinical Chaplain, Priest, Religious Spiritual Leader
Critical Access Hospital, Healthcare